We advise both employers and employees on the pervading area of employment law and related issues
Employment law is a complicated, fast-changing and far reaching area of law. Compliance with the current legislation is imperative and must be a priority for any business entity, whether big or small. Failure to adhere could result in adverse claims and unwanted expense to your business.
From the employee’s perspective, it is essential that you have an understanding of your contractual obligations and procedures whilst at the same time knowing your statutory rights and you are not being treated in a discriminatory or unfair way.
Advice for employers:-
- Employment law audits to check for legal compliance
- Employment contract advice, drafting and updating
- Appropriate policies and procedures for your business including recruitment, non-contractual clauses such as mobility, internet and social media use, grievance and disciplinary, equal opportunities, anti-bribery and corruption
- Settlement agreements
- Contracts for senior executives
- Advice on restrictive covenants and securing confidential information
- Employment Tribunal or High Court representation for employment law disputes and claims
- Health and Safety issues
- Making redundancies
- Assistance with investigating and dealing with disciplinary or ill health absence
- TUPE advice
- Drafting agency and consultancy agreements
Advice for employees:-
- Compromise agreements
- Unfair dismissal claims including unfair redundancy, constructive dismissals and summary dismissal
- Raising grievances
- Commencing Employment Tribunal claims
- Advice on discrimination of all kinds, sex, race, disability, gender, religion
For advice on any area of employment law, please get in touch.